Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Donut Stills

This project of the donut shots was created through the Cycles rendering engine in Blender. The project presented difficult challenges, such as modeling the donuts with icing. The fluid simulation was slightly difficult to work with, because it wouldn't always produce the desired result.

Another issue for me, personally, was the bowl of icing. The icing would not delete the way I wanted it to when parts of it were sticking outside of the bowl. So in order to avoid the viewer seeing that, I did not make the bowl out of glass.

The fluid simulation was probably the most difficult thing to work with during this project, requiring patience and even some tolerance. It was random for the most part (where the fluid would go) so I just had to find a spot where I thought it looked good and use that. In the end, however, I feel as though everything worked out.






No comments:

Post a Comment